Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Called by Name

Have you ever had a time in your life where you were going about your business and had nothing else in mind except accomplishing your own tasks when suddenly you hear your name called out? You are interrupted from your current direction and redirected to something else, often times something greater. I have had times where someone saw me as I was going about my business and their interruption by calling out my name lead to a wonderful conversation with them and they have even helped me find something better than what I was looking for. Those little interruptions can be life changing and it all starts with someone calling you by name and interrupting what you think is so important.

The greatest interruption I can think of is the one that God had with me. You see, I was going about my life as we all do without a single care about my future life. Everything that I was doing was about my life here and now and I thought I was happy in it when suddenly I heard someone call out my name. The only way any of us ever escape this life and have hope in the next is when God calls us. It is not us that seek him out, we are far too busy for that, it is when He decides to call out our name and cause us to turn and to see there is more than just what we are doing now. We have an eternity of joy awaiting us simply because we were called by God to pursue something more than just this life. God could have simply let us pass by without a word but instead He called us and showed us wonderful things in His Son Jesus Christ. Because of this call my life has changed, I pursue more and more things that are eternal and turn away from things that are worthless. I've stopped shopping the bargain bin of life so that I may shop the super sale of God's abundance where things aren't cheap, they're free and of the highest quality. So, if you see someone wandering about that you know make sure to call out to them, call them by name, you might be able to bless their lives in ways you never anticipated.

This post was inspired by: 1Corinthians1:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment