Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Defining the Box

I would like to take this first post to define the box that I see a lot of us living in. The box is our final box, it is our coffin, we are born living inside it, dead in our sins and trespasses against God. It may not seem fair to be born this way, but it is the punishment for the first sin and for all subsequent sins, all of which we are capable of doing and all of which we are guilty for.

There originally was no box, no death, no seperation from God and there was no sin. It was by disobedience that sin was introduced into the world. So now, here we are, living our lives oblivious to the box we are entombed in. Or, at least that's the way it would have been for me. You see, someone opened my box and let in the light of life. The Lord, Jesus Christ was the one who did this, He spoke the words of life into my heart and freed me. He did this by dying and being buried and rising again on the third day so that He could ransom me and release me from my sins, thus opening my box. Because of His work I now have no debt to God and also have the same inheritance that He has. These great treasures are waiting for me, but I must first live life here, outside my box in a world that was beautifully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment