Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Warmest Wishes for a Wonderful Day

Each of us has our own idea of a wonderful day. Take for example my idea of a wonderful day, it will probably vary a bit from yours. My ideal day is hazy, cooler but not cold, rainy at times or with a good thunderstorm during part of the day. My day is very relaxing, laid back, but not tiring as most people think of these dreary days. It is a day at home, spending some time listening to the sound of rain and doing various indoor activities. I love these days, but I don't love them every day, I do enjoy sunny days too as most people do, but I really love having a few days in my ideal range of comfort.

Every day is a wonderful day when you think about it. You have been given another day to live, to enjoy life and the good things within it. For me it is another day I get to spend with my Godly wife and enjoy the gift from God that she is. It is another day to see my daughter's smiling face or hear her laugh at something completely random. The new day is also another chance for me to do what I desire to do, though most days I fail to live up to my expectations, but that is the way it is being a sinner in a sin filled world, there are just too many distractions and temptations. One way I'm working on getting back on track is getting back to writing my thoughts. I love to write things down and get them from my head into something intelligible that others could understand as well. By reflecting on my thoughts I can change my mood and get into the groove I want to have and carry with me. So today, for this wonderful day, I am writing to remind myself of how great each day is and improve my outlook on things, that I may do better today to glorify the God who made me the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment