Thursday, May 19, 2011

He Loves Me

As often happens I woke up this morning with a song in my head. Normally, because of the music I typically listen to, it is a song of worship to God, or at least a piece of the song. Today isn't much different, today's song was "You Love Me Anyway" from Sidewalk Prophets. The part of the song that keeps playing in my head is the part that goes: I am the thorn in your crown, but you love me anyway.

As a sinner I am most definitely that thorn, and a mighty thorn I must be. Though I try to do what is right, my efforts are tainted with sin and they are not worth anything to the God of the universe. It doesn't matter what efforts I make, there is no denying that I am the thorn in the crown of Christ as He went to the cross. But despite this, I still know that God loves me.

It doesn't matter what I've done or what I find myself continuing to do because of my fallen nature, I am loved by God. He chose to save me, to spare me from His wrath so that one day I can look forward to the eternal life that was promised to those who believe in the saving power of Christ. The only reason I believe is because God opened my eyes. There was nothing in me that desired to be freed, but God did it anyway and now I can freely hear and sing this song and know the truth of it. That despite who I am God still loves me with a never ending, unfailing love. Thank you Lord for saving me, for showing me your love even though I do not deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment