Friday, January 11, 2013

We Will Labor

I am often reminded of the labor that we must do because of the fall. That we must work, struggle and bleed to bring forth the fruit of this world. It is easy to think of all the struggle we have daily to do what we do, but today I was given a new labor, one that I wish I had a good solution to.

Technology has given us a great many things, for me especially as working with technology is my job. But beyond the work, it also has given us the ability to do many things we couldn't before. Today, as I occasionally do, I am listening to music. I love being able to listen to my music because I can sit here doing my work and silently worshiping God. However today it has posed an interesting labor for me. Today the songs are affecting me, I want to worship God, and not quietly, but I must because I am at work and those around me don't want to hear me singing. So here I am, trying my best to do the work I must do while my heart pains me with its desires for the Lord, to worship Him, to glorify Him! So here I am fidgeting while I work, trying to worship as I can while holding it back. I have to say, there are some things I've done that are tiring, but it does not compare to wanting to worship your God and having to restrain it because you are not in a position to do so freely.

So for those of you at home, please do some extra worship to God for me because currently I'm not in a place to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment